We provide detailed information relating to specific transactions and obtain your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information on various applications and other forms and at various times, including when you purchase or service your vehicle.
Don Valley North Toyota, Markville Toyota, Thornhill Toyota, Don Valley North Lexus, Lexus of Richmond Hill, Don Valley North Hyundai, Oakville Volkswagen, Audi Oakville, Mercedes-Benz Barrie, Barrie Subaru, Mississauga Honda, Parkway Honda, Whitby Subaru, Brampton Auto Mart, Don Valley North Leasing, Don Valley North Collision Repair Centre and Gormley Automotive Centre are divisions of Weins Canada Inc.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information means any information about you except your name, business title, business address, business email address, business telephone number or business facsimile number. It also does not include your home address and telephone number if these are published in a telephone or other directory.
We are responsible for the personal information under our control and we have designated individuals who are responsible for our compliance with this policy and with privacy legislation. Please contact the Privacy Officer at any of our locations.
What Personal Information do we collect?
- Purchase or lease a vehicle from us
- Service or repair a vehicle through us
- Finance the purchase or lease of a vehicle through us
- Purchase or lease other products or services from (or) through us
- Participate in one of our contests, surveys or promotions
- Test drive one of our vehicles
- Contact our dealership staff
We may collect some or all of the following personal information:
- Your name, address and telephone number
- email address and facsimile number
- Your occupation
- Information about your driving habits (such as preferred car, size, colour, type of vehicle, kilometres driven annually, etc.)
- Information about your existing vehicle(s) and any trade-in
- Details of your vehicle and its service history
- Your driver’s license number
- The name of your insurance company and agent
- Your insurance policy number and details about your insurance coverage
- Similar information about other members of your family
- Your language preference
- Your date of birth and/or the date of birth of other members of your family
- Your social insurance number and/or the social insurance number of other members of your family
- Financial and credit information about you and/or other members of your family (specific information is set out in the application for credit forms)
- The principle amount of your loan, interest and repayment schedule
- Health information if you are applying for life, health, disability or accident insurance
- The amount of any life, health, disability or accident insurance and details of that insurance
Providing your Social Insurance Number is optional. However, you should be aware that most Credit Reporting Agencies use the Social Insurance Number as a unique identifier to ensure proper identification when conducting credit reviews and preparing credit reports. If you do not wish to provide your Social Insurance number, our ability to obtain a timely and accurate credit report may be affected.
What information do we collect electronically?
For users of our websites (the “Site”), the site may automatically collect information such as the Internet domain name (”IP Address”) assigned to your computer or browser software when you are on the Internet, through electronic means. Information about your use of the Site may be collected through “cookies”, small text files that recognize your computer each time you return to the Site. We may use the information we collect electronically to obtain aggregate data for the purposes of: improving our products and services to you; improving the design and content of the Site; and planning and other internal administrative functions. We may also attempt to personalize your experience on the Site by, for example, suggesting products and services the we believe may be of interest to you.
The Security of your Personal Information is Important to Us?
We protect your personal information with a variety of safeguards. Your personal information is used by us only for the purposes identified below and access to your personal information is limited to those employees of Weins Auto Group who need to have access to it to accomplish the identified purpose. We also take reasonable steps to see that the third parties described below, with which we may share personal information, provide a level of protection for that information that is comparable to our own.
How do we use your Personal Information?
Your personal information may be used by us to provide products, services and information to you. We may:
- Obtain a license for your vehicle
- Obtain a credit report if you are financing or leasing your vehicle
- Obtain appropriate financing of your vehicle for you
- Administer your new vehicle warranty coverage and/or your Extra Care Protection Coverage
- Provide you with a reminder that your vehicle requires servicing
- Provide you with updates and information regarding products and services that we have to offer and which we think will be of interest to you including marketing and promotional information
- Respond to your requests for products, services and information
- Improve products and services and to better understand your automotive needs
- Where it is necessary, we will update your personal information
Sometimes we have to Share your Personal Information with Others
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may share some or all of your personal information with third parties such as:
- Other Dealers with whom we have established a customer relationship
- The providers of products or services for your vehicle
- Credit reporting agencies
- Financial institutions or financing companies
- Your insurance agent or company; and companies which provide or insure warranties relating to your vehicle
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties that provide us with service (”Service Providers”) such as data processing and marketing
- We may share your personal information with Toyota Canada Inc., Toyota Credit Canada Inc., Hyundai Auto Canada Corp., Hyundai Financial Services, Audi Canada, Audi Finance, Volkswagen Group Canada Inc., Volkswagen Finance, Honda Canada Inc., Honda Canada Financial Services, Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc., Mercedes-Benz Financial Services, Subaru Canada Inc., Subaru Financial Services and through them, with other Dealers and their Service Providers
Finally, we may disclose your personal information where we are required or permitted by law to do so.
How long do we keep your Personal Information?
We retain your personal information as long as we believe that you are still the owner of the vehicle. If the information relates to the financing or lease of the vehicle, we retain personal information relating to the financing or lease arrangements as long as those arrangements are in place. If the information is related to the service or repair of your vehicle, we retain the personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to address any issues arising from the service or repair of the vehicle or as may be required by law. If there are legal requirements relating to the period of time which we must retain your personal information, we comply with those requirements.
What can you do if you want to limit the use to which we put Your Personal Information?
Most of the personal information collected is necessary for us to sell or lease you your vehicle, to provide products and services related to the vehicle, to assist you in the financing or lease of your vehicle or to provide service to your vehicle and we cannot do this without that personal information.
Similarly, we must disclose your personal information as described above in order to sell you the vehicle, to provide products and services related to the vehicle, assist you in arrangements for financing or leasing or to provide servicing to your vehicle.
Some of the uses and disclosures described above are optional rather than required. If you do not want us to use or disclose your personal information in a particular way, please contact the Privacy Officer (listed on the following page) and we will be pleased to discuss with you how we can limit collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.
You can Request Access to Your Personal Information
You have a right to access the personal information we have about you and request that personal information which you believe to be inaccurate be corrected. If you wish to access your personal information you should contact the Privacy Officer who will be pleased to assist you.
How to Resolve Questions or Concerns
Weins Canada Inc. – 1.888.338.3865
Don Valley North Toyota – 905.475.0722
Markville Toyota – 905.294.8100
Thornhill Toyota – 905.761.5133
Don Valley North Lexus – 905.475.1625
Lexus of Richmond Hill – 905.883.8812
Don Valley North Hyundai – 905.513.6878
Oakville Volkswagen – 905.844.3285
Audi Oakville – 905.844.1915
Mercedes-Benz Barrie – 705.728.1883
Barrie Subaru – 705.728.5361
Mississauga Honda – 905.828.1650
Parkway Honda – 416.752.6666
Whitby Subaru – 1.800.263.6783
Brampton Auto Mart – 905.844.4567
Don Valley North Collision Repair Centre – 905.886.0434
Gormley Automotive Centre – 1.866.891.8812
Be sure to include:
- Your name
- Your address/email address where you prefer to be reached
- If you prefer, fax number with area code
- The nature of your complaint
- Details relevant to the matter and with whom you have already discussed the issue